The Enterprise had monolythic web applications built on Legacy .NET and Websphere portal. Kumar involved in a project to modernizing the legacy applications with growing technology like Microservices and Single Page applications.
- Architected the Middle-level API layer in a micro services architecture.
- Deployed the applications in the newly installed Openshift Architecture
- Helped to build an on-going Agile, CICD environment
The company was in the process of developing a customer facing mobile application. While a vendor is developing the application, Kumar was responsible for defining and maintaining the architecture of the mobile application. Kumar joined the team as the Architect and architected the Hybrid mobile app and the API layer for the app using microservices and Netflix OSS. The budget for the project is $1.2 mil. His responsibilities include:
· Determine the Architecture of the Application
· Tool Selection
· Design the API Layer using microservices
· Identify the independent functionalities / features that can be developed and deployed independently and parallelly and design it as a Microservice.
· Integrate the application with the backend services – SAP and Salesforce
· Manage the work assigned to the developers and responsible for the delivery of the application every sprint
· Implement a Cloud Foundry architecture using Kubernetes.
· Use Netflix OSS for service discovery and administration
· Manage the vendor relations with the Mobile App development offshore team
· Build and deploy the apps to the Apple Appstore and Google Play store.
· Play liaison to the Business in converting the business requirements to technical requirements.
As a Digital Business Integration Manager, Kumar's responsibilities are to conceive, design, develop and implement Digital solutions for Clients of different industries.
The client is building a new manufacturing plant in the North East and Accenture was hired to build applications to implement a digital factory. The total budget of the entire project is about 60 mil. The budget for the IoT is 3 mil not including the license cost of the GE solution. As a Digital Architect Manager, Kumar's responsibilities are as follows:
· Assess different vendor IoT solutions and select a suitable solution
· Involve in Sustainability workshops with the Strategy teams and Business to define the Business and Technical Requirements.
· Conceptual Design the IoT solution and associated applications – Connected Worker and Control Tower
· Develop a Project Road map and Staffing plan.
As a Mobile Architect/Manager, Kumar's responsibilities are to design, develop and deploy Enterprise Mobile Applications for clients of different industries
As a solution architect consultant, Kumar got involved in multiple projects as the Solution Architect and Lead Architect. The projects worked are Salesforce Implementation, Field Collector Mobile App, Master Data Management (IBM Infosphere) implementation, Customer Facing Mobile App implementation. His responsibilities include
· Manage the team of Application Architects, Integration Architects and Data Architects
· Review the architectures and align them with the Enterprise Architecture specifications.
· Manage the overall delivery of the Applications